Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Where in the H have I been?

Seems like weeks since I've last posted...well calm down kids, it's only been a week...and here I am :)So let's get you up to speed as to how this past week went...I had a couple 'up' days as well as a couple 'strugglers'.
Life itself right now is pretty crazy...with Torun, BP and Gear West, my time is pretty limited, but I've still managed to maintain roughly 12 hours per week...how?  Not sure...I guess the thoughts of NYC in August keep me going :)
Let's go backwards in the calender, shall we?
Monday Feb 20th:  4 miles easy with Jennifer late Monday night...REALLY easy running in 4 inches of fresh HEAVY/wet snow.  Tough footing, but what a beautiful night!  Light weights and core as well.
Sunday Feb. 19th:  After a day of doing nothing...(and when I say nothing, that's exactly what I mean)...I went to Life Time SLP for a spin class...got there an hour early and rode Z3, then rode almost a half hour after class to total 2:25 for the day.  And I wish I could remember the name of the cat who taught class...he taught an AMAZING class.  Spin room was packed and rockin'...so much energy in the class!
I felt amazing on the bike with so much power today!  Core PM
Saturday Feb 18th:  Sure Tony, I'll run a quick 14 miles with you Saturday morning...did I actually agree to that?  I was exhausted BEFORE the run...13+ miles of chasing Tony around Minnetonka...including mile 10 in 7:02.  Great run, Tony!
After my run I work at G' West for 7+ hours and I gotta say, I was spent.  I got home, had dinner, did a nice core session...and then I was out...11.5 hours later, it's Sunday morning...I needed that :)
Friday Feb. 17th:  AM)  A quick 6 miles with the boys a G' West, including a loop ON Long Lake.  easy running, though I felt sluggish.
PM)  2800 in the pool...STILL pretty sluggish...nap time?  Finished the day with a solid core/stretch session...I'm still about as flexible as a 2 x 4, but I think it's getting better :)
Thursday February 16th:  120 minutes on the trainer at Life Time...not much power, but a great ride with great tunage...  Followed the ride up with an upper-body session.
Wednesday Feb. 16th:  AM)  7 miles in/on Long Lake...pretty uneventful miles, but needed to get them done.

Have a great day...  Coach D, powered by bacon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Running Memory #11

25 DAYS AND COUNTING...COUNTING DOWN! RACE #11 First of all, I see that the blog has now been viewed over 16,000 times...holy carp! Thank yo...