If you wanna run fast, you've gotta run fast...

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hit the reset button...

Seems to be the theme, run/race well for a bit, only to get dinged up.  So here I sit, 3 months after my fibula stress fracture...chomping at the bit to get out there and run!
I ran 3 easy miles last night, but it was an ugly/painful 3 miles...pain at the fracture mark, only to move down into my ankle at around mile marker 1.
I have been staying fit (12.5 hourz last week) by spinning at Life Time, lifting, core, powerwalking while hauling a 90 pound sled in the cold.  I feel fit, strong...and ready to rumble, except for this damn leg. 
So, Boston?  Still not sure...if I can heal up quick, put in a little quality...maybe a long run or 2, I'll toe the line and roll the dice.  I won't be expecting anything, but to get to Boston again to run, vacation...visit with BPEC Race Team members.  I am registered and we have our hotel booked...besides the leg, I am ready.
What else has been happening? 
Race calendar for 2014?  I'm still thinking...if/when I get healthy, here is a quick list:
* Boston Marathon
* Afton Trail 25K (Pace)
* Voyageur 50 Miler
* Leadville 100 Miler
* St. George Marathon
* Ironman or 70.3?  How about 1 mile on the track?  So many races, so little time...


I'll try to be better at updating the blog this Spring...promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment