If you wanna run fast, you've gotta run fast...

Friday, March 29, 2013

This week...

It's the Friday before Easter, and I've gotta say, I feel more like a runner now than I have since TCM.  Finally, a solid run, one where I felt strong, good pacing and felt great when I was done.  I'm talking about yesterday's 10 mile run from Woodbury to Hudson. 
Ok, I know, it's 9 miles of downhill followed by a killer up, but to clip along at 7:18 pace like it was nothing, followed by a strong UP-hill mile, I'm happy. 
I made it to Life Time today for a quick 45 minute spin along with a nice upper body weight session...I'm hoping to be ready for tomorrows long run.  Brett, easy on me!

Other highlights from this week included a solid 90 threshold ride on Sunday followed by a 4+ mile run in the new Hoka One One's...but more on those in another post.
A great week for core and strength as well.

...biggest concern for the week is my weight.  TCM race shape weight was 175ish...on Tuesday I weighed in at 187.  Holy shit!  Where did those 10 pounds come from?  Am I lifting too much, or is it all the Jack's frozen pizza's?  I NEED to be 179 on May 18th...I WILL be 179 for Fargo, or it's off to shopping in the 'husky' department at Fleet Farm for my next pair of jeans :)

Hoppy Easter, and thanks for checking in!


No comments:

Post a Comment