If you wanna run fast, you've gotta run fast...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Gonna be brrrrr...

3 days until the Get Lucky Half...forecast is calling for 13 degrees at the start of the race...last year we ran in 80 degree weather...wth?  I am supposed to be pacing a couple guys at 1:35, but how?  I'm such a freeze-baby, I'll have to sport 3 layers of clothing...along with a green tutu, of course :)
Training has been going ok...though I did have a solid run tonight in Woodbury ...8+ miles at a titch under 7:30 pace with Scott from Rachaels house.
7:46 first mile to warm up and mile 8 we were able to roll in 7:11, though it felt like work...
HERE is the course we ran...
Tomorrow I'll spin for 30+ minutes and lift...Friday will only be a few miles with strides...and Saturday, I'm looking to feel good, 17+ total for the morning, followed by a late afternoon 60 minute spin before the big night out.
The big night out...my favorite bar with some amazing friends...though it was only 2 years ago that this bar meant a whole lot more :( 

...also, I am beginning to finalize my 2013 race calender...I'll post it as soon as I can.  Up next after my pacing at GL, a 31 mile trail run/long run, Chippewa 50K, baby!  NOT racing...but I DO need the miles before Fargo/Green Bay!

Happy St. Patricks Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment