If you wanna run fast, you've gotta run fast...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

10 Mile TT...

As many of you know, I LOVE running at night!  I'll take a 10:00 pm run anytime...cool weather, music LOUD and bumping...lightweight trainers and a Garmin...a dream date for me :)
Well, that was tonight!  The plan was for 10 miles at 6:25-6:35 to the Regional trail and out and back to Excelsior along the lake.  ...and what a gorgeous night...pitch dark on the return trip...maybe 65 degrees.  This is a course I have done dozens of times before, so I have recorded times and know how fast I have run.
Mile 1, 6:49...just warming up...mile 5 turnaround in 32:40...and I starting to feel the groove.  Miles 6 and 7 were run around 6:11 each followed by a 6:29...by now I'm getting a tad tired, but I still want to finish strong.  Miles 6-10 were run in 31:12 (6:14 average) for a total time of 1:03:52...what the hell?  Where did that come from?  Now don't get me wrong, I could not have run 20 at that pace, but it gives me a little more confidence as I look to make my plan for TCM.
I'll call tonight a success :)

It's been a solid week so far...9 miles of nice running yesterday, and I've been biking most days to and from work (6 miles each way) along with a lot of core.  I'll let you know how the 3 hour run goes on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment